LEGOLAND® Korea Resort Annual Pass Terms & Conditions
Article 1. Purpose
2. The Company may amend these Terms and Conditions as provided for in Article 12 below.
Article 2. Applicability and Definition of an Annual Pass Holder
1. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all holders of the Annual Pass (the “Annual Pass Holders”) who use the Park.
2. An Annual Pass Holder of LEGOLAND Korea Resort is defined as a guest who purchases an Annual Pass in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, has the status as an Annual Pass Holder, carries an Annual Pass (an e-ticket or a digital or physical voucher with a barcode, a QR code or any other unique identification code), and is qualified to use the rides and attractions within the Park in accordance with the terms of purchase; provided, however, the use of (i) certain paid facilities and (ii) other facilities, even if they are originally free rides/attractions, announced in advance to be used in connection with paid events for a certain period are excluded.
3. The type and the valid period of an Annual Pass shall not be modified after its purchase.
Article 3. Purchase of an Annual Pass and Delivery and Explanation of these Terms and Conditions
1. A guest who wishes to purchase an Annual Pass shall provide his/her personal information in the application form provided by the Company, consent to the collection and use of personal information by the Company, and pay the relevant purchase price to receive an Annual Pass from the Company and obtain the status as an Annual Pass Holder.
2. If the Company approves the application submitted by a guest who wishes to purchase an Annual Pass of LEGOLAND Korea Resort, the Company shall explain to such guest the main provisions of these Terms and Conditions of the Annual Pass. When a guest agrees to these Terms and Conditions and pays the relevant purchase price, the Company shall issue an Annual Pass (or any other indication similar thereto) to the guest.
3. A guest who wishes to purchase an Annual Pass shall provide true and not false information in the application form. If any of the foregoing information changes, the guest must immediately notify the Company of such changes. The Company shall not be held liable for any disadvantages incurred to an Annual Pass Holder that has arisen due to any false information or omission, or the Annual Pass Holder’s failure to notify the Company of any changes to his/her information provided in the foregoing application form.
Article 4. Rights of an Annual Pass Holder
1. An Annual Pass Holder may use the services and benefits provided for each type, status and grade of an Annual Pass he/she purchased during the period from the date of such purchase (the “Purchase Date”) until the expiry of the valid period of his/her Annual Pass. The details of the types and the rights of Annual Passes shall be disclosed on the Company’s website at all times and separately provided to each guest at the time of his/her purchase of an Annual Pass.
2. To provide better services, the Company can modify the services and benefits provided for each type, status and grade of Annual Passes in accordance with its relevant policy. The details thereof are available on the Company’s website. However, if the Company modifies the services and benefits in a more unfavorable manner for the Annual Pass Holders during the valid period of Annual Passes, the Company shall notify the affected Annual Pass Holders and obtain their consent pursuant to Article 12.
Article 5. Obligations of an Annual Pass Holder
1. To enter the Park, use its facilities and enjoy the benefits as an Annual Pass Holder, upon entering or using the Park, an Annual Pass Holder shall present an e-ticket or a digital or physical voucher with a barcode, a QR code or any other unique identification code.
2. As a rule, since an Annual Pass is an important certificate to verify the identity of an Annual Pass Holder, any person who fails to present an Annual Pass is not permitted to enter the Park. An Annual Pass Holder is also required to faithfully cooperate with the process to verify his/her identity (e.g., an analogue or digital facial recognition and a verification of his/her ID card) as determined by the Company. Any person who refuses the foregoing process may not be permitted to enter the Park.
3. An Annual Pass Holder shall book in advance the date of his/her visit to the Park via the official website. They should note that it may be impossible to book a visit on the date of their visit. Upon entry to the park, at the request of the Company to verify his/her identity he/she shall present his/her ID card to the Company for identity verification purposes.
4. No Annual Pass may be lent to a third party without the Company’s prior approval. If the Company discovers that an Annual Pass Holder has lent his/her Annual Pass to a third party, the Company may restrict the relevant third party’s entry to the Park and Company shall retrieve such Annual Pass on the ground of illegal use. In the foregoing case, the Company shall immediately notify the relevant Annual Pass Holder of the illegal use of his/her Annual Pass by a third party and retrieval thereof. The retrieved Annual Pass shall not be refunded or re-issued.
5. As a rule, the status as an Annual Pass Holder cannot be temporarily suspended. However, in extenuating circumstances where an Annual Pass Holder is unable to use the facilities for a considerable period of time, an Annual Pass Holder can temporarily only once suspend its status as an Annual Pass holder for up to three months. Extenuating circumstances refer to cases where an Annual Pass Holder is unable to use the facilities due to force majeure events such as an act of God, war, strike, fire, flood, terrorism or blackout that cannot be reasonably predicted or any personal reasons of an Annual Pass Holder (e.g., living abroad for a period shorter than three months, hospitalization due to an accident or disease, stress disorder, etc.).
6. An Annual Pass Holder who wishes to temporarily suspend his/her Annual pursuant to Article 5.5 above shall submit to the Company the documents that evidence the reason for such suspension and obtain its approval. The period of such temporary suspension shall commence from the date on which the Company’s approval was provided based on the foregoing documents submitted and end on the date requested by the Annual Pass Holder. However, the period of temporary suspension requested by the Annual Pass Holder shall not exceed the maximum period set forth in Article 5.5 above. If an Annual Pass Holder has requested a temporary suspension of his/her status as an Annual Pass Holder based on a justifiable reason as set forth in Article 5.5 above and has obtained the Company’s approval, the expiry date of his/her Annual Pass shall be extended by the period of such suspension.
7. An Annual Pass Holder shall maintain public order and good morals. For instance, when guests queue to use a facility, an Annual Pass Holder cannot queue on behalf of any other persons apart from himself/herself. If he/she needs to use a restroom as he/she is queuing, he/she shall personally ask for the understanding of the other guests who are also in the queue.
8. An Annual Pass Holder shall comply with these Terms of Conditions and any other requirements of the Company announced through the Park guidance or notices and shall not engage in any activity that interferes with the Company’s business.
Article 6. Valid Period of Status as an Annual Pass Holder
1. The valid period of the status as an Annual Pass Holder (the “Valid Period”) shall expire 365 days after the date on which his/her Annual Pass was activated.
A. An Annual Pass purchased as of March 15, 2022 shall be activated on the date of the Annual Pass Holder’s first visit after its purchase. An Annual Pass shall be automatically activated three months after its purchase if the Annual Pass Holder has not visited the Park until then.
B. An Annual Pass purchased between March 16, 2022 and April 4, 2022 shall be automatically activated on May 5, 2022.
C. An Annual Pass purchased on or after May 5, 2022 shall be immediately activated upon its purchase.
2. If an Annual Pass Holder with an Annual Pass with a remaining Valid Period wants to apply for an early membership for the Annual Pass (the “Early Membership”), he/she may join the Early Membership as below, provided that at least six months have passed since the commencement of the relevant Valid Period.
A. The Company shall issue an Annual Pass on the date on which the Annual Pass Holder has applied for the Early Membership.
B. The Valid Period of an Annual Pass purchased via the Early Membership shall automatically commence on the day immediately following the day on which the existing Annual Pass has expired.
C. Pursuant to Article 5.1 above, an Annual Pass Holder is required to present his/her Annual Pass to use the facilities and services. Therefore, on the day immediately following the day on which the existing Annual Pass has expired, an Annual Pass Holder who holds an Annual Pass purchased via the Early Membership shall enter in the mobile application of LEGOLAND Korea Resort the serial number of such Annual Pass which would have been sent by the Company through a KakaoTalk message or LMS text message, as well as his/her date of birth. The Annual Pass purchased via the Early Membership can only be used after the relevant Annual Pass Holder registers his/her mobile Annual Pass after completing the mobile identity verification process.
3. The Valid Period of an Annual Pass shall not be suspended for any reason. However, the foregoing shall not apply if the Company approves the suspension on the grounds provided under Article 5.5 or Article 5.6 above.
Article 7. Re-Issuance of an Annual Pass
A guest who lost the link provided together with a confirmation email or text message to verify his/her Annual Pass can be re-issued with the link by submitting an application form.
Article 8. Disqualification of an Annual Pass Holder
An Annual Pass Holder shall be disqualified in the following cases.
A. If the Valid Period of his/her status as an Annual Pass Holder expires.
B. If he/she dies.
C. If he/she is found to have unlawfully used his/her Annual Pass.
D. If he/she has caused property damage to the Company by willful act or negligence.
E. If he/she has caused physical, mental or property damage to other guests or employees of the Company while using the Park by engaging in the following.
- Physical damage: assault, physical injury, etc.
- Mental damage: blackmailing, sexual assault or sexual harassment, insult, etc.
- Economic damage: Seizing the property of someone or obtaining proprietary profits by threatening someone. Interfering with someone’s exercise of rights or forcing someone to do something he/she is not obligated to do. Damaging a property. Any other act that is against good social morals and customs that interferes with other guests’ uses of the Park.
Article 9. Membership Cancellation and Refund of an Annual Pass
1. An Annual Pass Holder who joined the Annual Pass membership may request a cancellation of his/her membership and a refund based on his/her personal circumstances.
2. If an Annual Pass Holder has joined the Annual Pass membership through a pre-issued ticket purchased from an online vendor (e.g., via an independent sale made by social media platforms, etc.) other than the Company, he/she may not exchange or receive a refund for such ticket through the Company. Such pre-issued tickets shall be directly refunded by the online vendor that sold the ticket to the Annual Pass Holders. In this case, the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, the Consumer Protection Act and other applicable laws shall apply.
3. As a rule, in the event that an Annual Pass Holder joined the Annual Pass membership via any pre-issued ticket that was a free gift or a giveaway issued by the Company, an employee benefit ticket, invitational ticket, or tickets of any other similar form, no exchange or refund shall be available.
4. If a guest who purchased an Annual Pass intends to request a refund for the Annual Pass, he/she shall request a cancellation for his/her membership within seven days of purchase (i.e. the purchase date will be included in the count) in writing or according to the procedures disclosed on the Company’s website. In this case, an Annual Pass Holder who has not used the Park at all until the day immediately before the date of the refund request shall be fully refunded. However, an Annual Pass Holder who have used the Park shall be refunded for the amount as calculated under Article 9.5 below. The credit card used for the payment may be replaced only once within eight days of purchase (i.e. the purchase date will be included in the count), provided that the same amount of payment is imposed on such credit card. If several credit cards have been used for the payment of the membership, partial re-payment or refund shall not be provided (the same shall apply even if the payment amount was the same).
5. An Annual Pass Holder who intends to request a refund after seven days from the Purchase Date based on his/her personal circumstances shall apply for a refund in writing or according to the procedures disclosed on the Company’s website. In such case, the amount of refund shall be calculated as below.
A. If an Annual Pass Holder has not used the Park until the date of the refund request, [the purchase price of the Annual Pass] less [10% of the purchase price] shall be refunded.
B. If an Annual Pass Holder has used the Park at least once until the date of the refund request, [the purchase price of the Annual Pass] less [10% of the purchase price] less [the number of times the Annual Pass Holder has used the Annual Pass multiplied by the normal price of a Day Ticket] shall be refunded. However, no refund shall be provided if the amount to be deducted exceeds the purchase price of the Annual Pass.
Article 10. Compensation for Damages
1. In the event of any physical or property damages incurred to an Annual Pass Holder due to the willful act by or the negligence of the Company or its employees, the Company shall compensate for such damage. However, if such damage has occurred due to an event of force majeure or the Annual Pass Holders’ willful act or negligence, the amount of compensation shall be reduced or the Company shall be released from its obligation to provide compensation.
2. If an Annual Pass Holder’s willful act or negligence causes damage to any facilities or equipment or to animals or plants of the Company, he/she shall compensate for such damage.
Article 11. Force Majeure Events
1. In the event damages are incurred to an Annual Pass Holder due to a breakdown of machines for a reason not attributable to the Company, strike, lack of raw materials, fire, rebellion, war, intervention of the central or local government under law, urgent safety measures, or any other events of force majeure that are beyond the control of the Company as well as natural events of force majeure such as rainstorm, lightning, earthquake, typhoon, flood, or strong wind, the Company’s obligations thereof shall be reduced or the Company shall be released from its obligations. In the event of the foregoing force majeure events, the Company shall immediately notify the Annual Pass Holders.
2. If the use of facilities and services becomes impossible for a considerable amount of time due to any reason under Article 11.1 above, an Annual Pass Holder may cancel his/her membership. In this case, the Annual Pass Holder shall not claim additional damages against the Company.
3. If Annual Pass Holders cancel their membership for any reason under Article 11.1 above, the Company will refund a membership fee as set forth in Article 9.
Article 12. Amendment of These Terms and Conditions and Dispute Mediation
1. These Terms and Conditions may be amended due to changes in the Company’s business environment or any other circumstances. Upon the amendment of these Terms and Conditions, the Company shall announce to the Annual Pass Holders the scheduled date on which the amendment shall be enforced and explain the reasons for such amendment via at least one of the below methods.
B. Written notice or letter.
C. Website or the official mobile application.
D. Daily newspaper.
E. Social media.
2. If an Annual Pass Holder is a minor, the Company shall make such announcement to the minor’s guardians. If an Annual Pass Holder has signed up for a joint membership for the Annual Pass with his/her family member, the Company can make the foregoing announcement to the representative member of each family who holds the joint membership.
3. If the Company amends any terms in a more unfavorable manner for the Annual Pass Holders, within the grace period of at least 30 days, the Company shall individually announce such amendment via one or more methods in Subparagraphs A, B and E of Article 12.1 above. In this case, a clear comparison of the details before and after the amendment shall be provided to help the Annual Pass Holders understand the amendment.
4. An Annual Pass Holder is entitled not to consent to the amended terms. If he/she does not consent to the amended terms, he/she may terminate these Terms and Conditions. However, if the Company had clearly announced or notified that the Annual Pass Holder’s failure to express his/her objection within the grace period as set forth in Article 12.3 above shall be deemed as consent to the amended terms, but the Annual Pass Holder failed to express his/her explicit intent to refuse or failed to terminate these Terms and Conditions, the Annual Pass Holder is deemed to have consented to the amended terms.
5. If an Annual Pass Holder terminates these Terms and Conditions pursuant to Article 12.4 above, the Company shall cancel his/her membership and provide a refund in accordance with the procedures set forth in Article 9.
6. Any legal dispute arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the relevant provisions of the Civil Act and the Civil Procedure Act.